San Jacinto County Historical Commission

Old Town Coldspring Buildings



 Rosenwald School built 1926 moved twice before coming to Old Town in the mid 1980’s.---upper left corner

Old Jackson Store (1890) wooden store from Magnolia, Tx.  Retaining much of its original store features.  –upper right hand corner

The red wood building is a replica of the first general store in San Jacinto County.  It was created by a partnership between Robert H. McClanahan and Robert T. Robinson.  –next one down on the right side.

The former Camilla Post office built in 1930’s has a lobby, main room ,and storage room.  Donated and moved to Old Town in the mid 1980’s.  –next one down on the right side.

Adams Log crib/Ellisor’s Crib (1890) Dismantled in 1984 and moved to the present site.  Proposed use farm tool and equipment exhibit.---middle bottom

The Urbana Depot relocated from Shepherd was part of the Houston East and West TX Rail Road.—Yellow building bottom left.

Replica of General Store

Replica of Jackson Store

Urbana Depot

Replica of General Store

Rosenwald School

Log Cabin

Urbana Depot

Camilla Post Office

Rosenwald School

Jail Museum 1870